Float Into Fitness Certification for SUP Yoga & SUP Fitness Instructors – Pool
Combine your love of the water and passion for fitness with our Paddle Into Fitness pool teacher certification! This training will cover the necessary skills for teaching yoga and fitness classes in the pool on paddleboards or inflatable fitness mat style boards.
Two days of training with a Float Into Fitness® Master Trainer learning key techniques, water safety, SUP Yoga & SUP Fitness, and how to run pool classes.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of all equipment required to teach – boards, paddles, anchors, accessories, and FITmats.
- Receive extensive water safety instruction with real-life scenarios.
- Learn how to confidently teach a safe and thorough Float Into Fitness® signature Gentle Wave, Nautical Flow & Surfer’s Sculpt.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills specific to this teaching environment. Learn how to progressively build confidence in your students using this unstable platform.
- Learn why this is such a powerful form of exercise and how it empowers the mind as well as the body.
- Tips for dealing with an all level class in the pool. How to encourage beginners to come back as well as keeping regular students challenged.
- Getting the most from your SUP business. How to create and market a successful Pool SUP Yoga and SUP Fitness classes in your community and build smart partnerships.
- Float Into Fitness® Pool Fitness Certification
- Receive 10 hours of Yoga Alliance Continuing Education credits
- Receive 1.3 American Council of Exercise (ACE) accrediting units
- Listing in the Paddle Into Fitness instructor directory with discounts for water sports insurance, equipment, apparel and pool accessories.
- Take your love of paddleboarding or aquatic fitness to the pool!
For upcoming certifications:, See schedule
Contact us directly to schedule a Certification for your facility or a Private Certification.
- CPR, AED, First Aid certification, proficient swimmer and comfortable doing water sports.
- 2 years of teaching experience (any kind) and 2 years of yoga practice. A 200 hr RYT or comparable.
- 2 years of fitness instruction or coaching experience (e.g. group fitness instruction, personal training, etc.). A nationally recognized NCCA-accredited fitness certification (such as ACE, ACSM, NSCA or NASM).
* You may still apply if you are currently in process of obtaining your 200hr RYT and NCCA-accredited fitness credential or have plans in the next 12 months of earning a reputable credential. It is strongly advised to only instruct SUP Yoga and SUP Fitness when you have gained quality experience teaching on land and have fully completed the accredited credential.